Walking is good for you!
Did you know?
A simple walk can have very positive effects to your body… and your brain!
About the benefits related to the body:
1. It is an activity that has no contraindications. If some sports can be too difficult or not suitable for your body, a simple walk is healthy for everyone!
2. It can help to lose weight. It is obvious that you need to have long walks to obtain this effect; however, just a walk of 15 minutes a day can help to avoid the resuming the weight that you have lost in the previous days!
3. It helps to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, two key factors that can prevent heart problems. According to various studies, walking just 30 minutes a day can reduce of the 30-40% the risk of heart attack and stroke.
4. It strengthens the bones by increasing the density of minerals that the skeleton is made up of. Moreover, it can reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
While, from a cognitive perspective:
1. It improves cognitive activities because it stimulates the cardio-respiratory function and it increases the blood supply to the brain. Accordingly, it will improve the quality of your thoughts!
2. It is a natural antidepressant, reducing the negative emotions.