Roses and their meanings. How to choose the correct one!
The rose is one of the most notorious and loved flowers all over the world. Its history dates back to 40 million years ago, as proven by fossilized remains found by expert archeologists in Oregon and Colorado (USA). This magnificent and romantic flower has made apperances in poems, novels, paintings, statues and all kinds of embroidery and still continues to be the most gifted between lovers, family and friends in many different occasions.
The red rose is of course one of the most popular variation of this flower, but as you may know, there is more than just one colour available. Some of the most renown shades are naturally born, others have to be chemically produced by botanists in greenhouses.
Each different colour has its own meaning and we want to give you a quick scheme to help you convey the right meaning to your dear ones:
- Red rose: courage, respect, romantic love, passion, “I love you“.
- White rose: purity, reverence, innocence.
- Pink rose: appreciation, gratefulness.
- Yellow rose: friendship, delight, jelousy.
- Orange rose: enthusiasm, desire.
- Blue rose: something anattainable or impossible, like a “starcrossed love“.
- Black rose: mourning, farewell, death.
- Thorn-less rose: love at first sight.
Some of these colours, like black and blue, are obviously not naturally produced and many other combinations exist with even more meanings. Now that you know the basics, you will surely gift the right flower!